Patients on long-term repeat medication can order repeat prescriptions in a variety of ways:
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page. Before you can use this facility you will need to register for the service. Please contact Reception for more information. Then you may order.
- By email - to email@example.com (please be aware that normal email is not encrypted and so may not be totally secure)
- By post - remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- Via your Pharmacy - most pharmacies will manage your prescriptions with you, so you can call them to place a repeat prescription.
- By fax - to 01295 273594
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
West Bar Surgery operates a prescription collection service in conjunction with certain chemists. Please ask reception for details.
West Bar Surgery have made a new prescription service available. In partnership with Pharmacy2U we have launched West Bar Prescription Service. This service does work differently to other chemists as you can be:
- Reminded to request your next repeat medicines by phone, email or smartphoneapp, before your medicines run out
- Request your medicines by phone, online or app 24 hours per day, when it suits you
- Your medicines will be delivered to any UK address you specify, home, work, neighbour etc
Further details are available via this link www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/westbar
West Bar Surgery has a commercial interest in P2UWest Bar LLP, trading as "West Bar Prescription Service" and therefore cannot make any recommendation to you to use this service in preference to any other pharmacy. The GPs do not seek to persuade you to use this service and this notice should not be taken as amounting to any recommendation of this service by the GPs.
Attention All Patients
Would all patients please note that Cox & Robinson and West Bar Surgery are two separate companies. Some patients believe when they request a prescription, it automatically goes to Cox & Robinson. Prescriptions will not automatically go to any chemist; you have to request where you want it to go and advise the chemist that you would like them to collect it. When you request a repeat prescription by any method please state what chemist you want to use, if you want it delivered to you or if you will be picking it up yourself. Also please add your date of birth, address and your usual doctor. If you phone the surgery for a repeat prescription the receptionist will ask you for these details.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.